Tuesday, May 3, 2016


There is always a poem adrift in my soul

A word or a phrase, just a part, not the whole

Alert, waiting feelings, impressions or clues

What I am to me or what you am to you.

I think in parade songs, in lyric and rhyme

But I try to translate to

Fit in with the time.

 I try not to singsong

My thoughts, words, or feelings

For the sensible man is left

 His head reeling,

When quite unexpected I break into song

Where lyrics and movie lines don’t quite belong

In pleasant conversation

They sound quite absurd

My disguise is lost, I’m revealed as a nerd

Of greatest proportions and amply supply

When iambic pentameter soars to the sky.

Oh why bother? I wonder, the struggle is real,

In a world of keep cool, when I feel how I feel!

That the world is a wonder and I wonder why

Everyone is not smitten to rhyme and sing, oh fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment