Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Priority Two And Four

Will the floors, once swept, stay spotless?
Will small hands let neat things be?
No, but small eyes filled with wonder
Are the best through which to see!
Will these tired bones so weary
Ever get their fill of rest?
No, but playing on the floor with
Two and Four, is quite the best!
In the ever shrinking hours
Between awake and half asleep
Will the dishes once stay done?
No, but dishes, they will keep.
For I'm watching Two and Four
And they're escaping childhood's bliss.
So before I give a care for clean
I'll give them each a kiss!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I really like this. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I really like this. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I vaguely remember a poem my grandmother, Caroline Ward wrote about my mom, Susa and her ister, calling them at the time, Three and Five, and thinking , "How cool!"

    ReplyDelete