Friday, December 3, 2021

trebuchet

first off let me just say, I began by choosing a font 

this time not for what it might look like, but for the name of it

let's see if it fits!

last year, I was set to be an author full time

I had a handful of stories and poems I was working on

I had done the November 50,000 word challenge

I had the rough draft of my next book

I had just published my first children's book

and then...

I was once again asked to run for office in our county as Public Administrator

and I won

(is a slingshot a trebuchet?)

because of that, I now work more than full-time at a fairly intense job

and write... almost never

no time, no brain power left at the end of a day

this past November I made a few attempts

but I could never keep a story going between calls from facilities and wards and support staff

still, I have things to say, stories to tell

I just don't want to chuck them at you willy nilly with no precision

ah, trebuchet, there it is!

I want to share

sharing is best in close proximity

the thing I am finding difficult is the very thing I used to do with ease

draw you in, close, evoke emotion

It's the difference between handing off a lovely pie, and chucking pumpkins!

which, by the way, is an excellent use of a trebuchet!



No comments:

Post a Comment