Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Wanna be on my team, buddy?

Where shall we go from here?
I would like to have you over for coffee, ask about your plans for life and how you see things going for you.
We could think aloud together and dream up amazing plans and schemes for what you will do with all of your unique gifts and talents.
I really get off on the give and take, the exchange of thoughts and ideas and the opportunity to encourage and equip! If we were having coffee (or tea, God knows I like a good cup of tea!) we could hear each others hearts on the matters at hand. We could hear the fears and hesitations and doubts that snag us, slowing us down as we run by , making us reconsider the paths we've chosen. And since we are together, we would laugh at how they almost got us. Almost... Because when we team up, when we've got each other's backs, we can share the weapons in our arsenals. 
I could show you the little foxes eating your grapes, and then you would know how to reap the harvest you work so hard for. You could use your brilliance to shine a light on the darkness creeping in on my thoughts when the nothing is trying to keep me from running and climbing to reach that high place.
Well, maybe... if you are near me and it seems fitting to do so, we could do just that, for real, with real coffee...
But I am at my desk, alone with my mess and my hopes and my stack of ideas to choose from and a brain filled with chaos.  And you... well, where are you?
Can we make this work? I am offering the few things I know for sure, the many things I have picked up that make sense to me so far, and a huge heart full of hope for us all. I hope we can meet up now and then to lift each other and point out the amazing sights along the way that make us see the possibilities, when so often the world only offers up trouble and discouragement. 
I need you in this. Show me what you've got. I bet its good stuff, and I could sure use it right now!
As Rich says, "Peace, Love, and Parsley"

No comments:

Post a Comment