Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Missouri here I come...

What's in an address?
We are moving again...
That statement is so packed with positive and negative emotions.
I love my house in Missouri.
I miss my middle daughter and her family a lot!
I miss my mom, and even more so, my sister.
I miss our solid, longstanding friendships that are so comfortable and familiar, yet still so fresh and alive and engaging.
But that's pretty much it.
When we moved to Texas last year, it was like an adventure, an energizing new shot at life as a couple. The only thing I don't love about Texas, is in the 4th-7th lines above.
Plano is expensive, but I feel so at home here and I have made some wonderful new friends.
One of them has since moved to Colorado.
What's in an address?
I live best wherever my love is. And he is going to Missouri.
I am a gypsy, a vagabond at heart. I adore travel! I love to make new connections and connect old friends with new.
So, wherever I lay my head, if we were ever friends, we still are. If I can visit, I sure will! But out of sight, is not exactly out of mind. I still think of and pray for people I have not seen in years.
New adventures and old friends await, and new friends... see ya on the flip side!        This kitchen, I miss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment